Sunday, January 20, 2013

Design Team...

First of all, a HUGE thank you to ZnetShows for the gorgeous Cultured Sea Glass Beads, crystal, and toggles they sent me to work with.  They were so generous, and all the fun shapes and goodies truly made my job so much fun.


I have always loved sea glass, but haven't had the opportunity to work with it.  I am so thrilled with the dark aqua color they sent me, as each design team member received a different colorway.  Not only does it look terrific with silver and gunmetal, but also with Vintaj Natural Brass which is definitely a staple in my designs.

I wanted to create some simple pieces for everyday wear, and some special pieces to wear special places.  I started with silver, as it made me think of summer, sun...and the beach!  Then I moved on to the Vintaj which added a rich, more vintage look to the sea glass.








My designs have been featured on the ZnetShows facebook page, so head on over and check them out along with all the gorgeous entries from the other designs.  I apologize for the quality of the photos, as I haven't been able to find which box my good camera is in since the move!  I'm sure it's sitting in a box in the storage unit labeled "Kitchen".  ;-)

Now head on over to ZnetShows and show them a little love...

15 comments:

  1. Mimi, I love this color. I hope I have some shopping money to get some. Love the dragonfly focal with it. Fun to see the different interpretations with shapes. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so fun seeing all the colors in everyone's designs...I'm scoping out my color choices and shapes for shopping as I type! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your selection was wonderful!
    Love the colors and love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do we go about purchasing this jewelry? i love the dragonfly necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briana, we just moved to a new home/city and my etsy store is temporarily closed. I'm finally getting resettled in my studio, and I'll be reopening in a month or so. :) I'll keep you in mind on the dragonfly if you are interested!

      www.OtherCuriosities.etsy.com

      Delete
  5. I am a fan of aqua. It appears in many of my designs. You did a really good job on your designs. My favorite is the bracelet in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the nice comments, ladies! I cannot wait to poke around at all the other blogs this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your pieces are lovely! I love the first necklace, but could see myself wearing all of them! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mimi they are all so pretty. I am learning to like chunky style necklaces. I too love the dragonflies, they add a very earthiness to your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything you created. I adore the beautiful, deep, oceanic blue beads, which you enhanced with every piece you made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your designs are great and feature the sea glass so well. That last bracelet is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your first necklace its gorgeous. Great job with the blue beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful pieces. I love the Dragonfly focal with all the dangles, but they're all so pretty and dainty. Very nice. I only had time to get 4 designs done with my samples by show time, but I had a great time working with their sea glass.

    ReplyDelete